Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New itinerary for Copenhagen-to-Cornwall, May 2011

An update for my ever changing route. At this point I will leave Copenhagen on May 9th to take the City Night Line train to Utrecht, Netherlands. From there I will cycle thru Antwerp, Belgium, then along the coast to Dunkerque, France and cross the English Channel by ferry to Dover, UK.

From Dover I will mostly follow a combination of main roads, regional cycle routes, and large sections of national cycle routes along the coast heading west - whatever keeps me from doing too many hill climbs. Projected arrival in the Cornwall/Penzance region: May 15th.

You should be able to check out my position when I stop each night (local GMT time) from the two maps located on the right of this page. Near bigger cities and towns with wifi access, I'll post blog entries here, upload some photos if possible, and update my position more accurately.

If you live anywhere along the way, look for this vehicle and wave!
From the Nomad Wildcat album

Current projected tour route looks something like this:

Utrecht-to-Dunkerque ~300 km (~186 miles)

View Larger Map

Dover-to-Corwall ~608 km (~378 miles)

View Larger Map

Total distance covered: ~908 kilometers / ~564 miles

Now these are not the 'actual' routes, just something I whipped in Google Maps to give me an overview of the land. But they are pretty close to the preferred route. I will most likely chose nearby main roads that offer straighter or faster routing. You get the general idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment