Sunday, April 19, 2009

T-Minus 5 days!

Friday, April 24th 2009, I'm hitting the road for another 1200 kilometer ride through Germany and Denmark.

As with last year (see the April 2008 archive) I will attend the SPEZI special bikes show in Germersheim, Germany. But this time will be a bit different. I'll take the train down on Friday to arrive late Friday / early Saturday at my destination. After the show ends on Sunday, I'll hit the road late Sunday / early Monday and follow the Rheine River north to Düsseldorf, turn north-east to stop in Oldenburg, then continue north-east to Copenhagen.

Since I'll be riding the OTrike low-racer, and carrying a lighter load (sleeping bag, 2-3 changes of clothes, and water), I ought to make good time each day. Goal is 200 km a day, but probably will be closer to 150 km/day. I'm thinking that if I leave the bike show on Monday, I should be home in Copenhagen by Sunday. Might stretch it a day extra in Oldenburg to visit nearby friends/colleagues. So that becomes 1200 kilometers in 7-8 days.

I'll try to update this blog every other day, or as internet access becomes available.

Below is the projected route, thanks to GPSies - Germersheim-to-Copenhagen

No comments:

Post a Comment